Saturday, October 10, 2009

Connor's Quirks

Connor is kind of a quirky little guy.

Ever since he began calling me by name, I have been known as "Monny" (pronouced exactly like mommy, but replace the m sound with the n sound). Try as I might, I could never get him to say my name correctly. Then, all of a sudden, one day this week he started saying it right. I have mixed feelings about this. All this time I've been frustrated at his inability (or unwillingness) to correctly pronounce my name, but now that he does, I'm sad. Another phase gone...one more step away from being my baby.

Another strange habit Connor has is wiping his hands on his hair. I can't get this kid to understand that a napkin is the proper place to wipe his hands....but even his pants or shirt would be preferable to his hair. Last night he ate a chocolate that melted a little faster than he could eat it. This was the result.



In case you can't tell, the "hair product" in his spiked hair is chocolate.

5 comments:

Jen said...

My 3 yr old does the same thing. Always wipes his hands in his hair. It's frustrating, but I'm sure someday I'll miss it.

Sarah said...

He looks so cute with spiked hair--and OLD! Monny's little boy is growing too fast:)

Nicki said...

That's hilarious-- maybe he's just waiting for the right moment to "invent" the rage hair product that will make him rich and famous?! Also, I'm so glad to know that he has always called you "Monny"... Ella just recently started calling me "Monny" even though she has called me "Mommy" and "Momma" in the past, and we couldn't figure out where she got that from. Glad to know she stole it from Connor.

Amanda said...

Oh TOO funny! My friend's little sisters once put glue all over their hair once as little kids!

The Terrell Family said...

Sooo cute. The pictures first popped up on my computer and I could only see the top of his head and I thought it was dried blood. Glad it was chocolate!!!
I'm sorry we missed the chance to see the cutie in person!! Next time!