Sunday, January 20, 2008

1st Birthday Party

We had a 1st birthday party scheduled for December 15 (a few days after their actual birthday), but both boys got the stomach flu the night before. So, we rescheduled to January 19 (yesterday). First birthday parties are really for the parents...okay, mostly for the mom, but I think the boys had a fun time too. In the video you'll see that Connor tried to grab the flame on his candle & I think he kept his fingers there a little too long that last time...thus the crying. He didn't burn himself, I think it just hurt a little. Isaac was totally into demolishing his cake. Connor was way too clean. He just picked off little pieces of the cake & neatly put them in his mouth. It made me want to smash cake in his face like you do at a wedding...but I refrained.

















2 comments:

Emily said...

They are SO absolutely adorable!!! What a cute cake idea too - I love the "peas in a pod" theme! Looks like they enjoyed the cake!

Bronwyn said...

CUTE PICS!! I can't believe they ate their cake! Bennett wouldn't even try his. To this day he will not eat cookies, cake or anything sweet. I'm not complaining.... ;)