Sunday, October 5, 2008

Broccoli

Tonight, while I was eating dinner, I asked Isaac if he wanted a bite of my food (it was a Thai curry). He looked and me and said, "want broccoli".

I nearly spit the food out of my mouth from laughing so hard. This is a child who eats VERY few vegetables (same with his brother). He will occassionally eat canned green beans and canned mixed veggies (mostly the carrots & potatoes), but those are not consistent. He does love asparagus though. In any case, he has developed a very recent affinity for broccoli & will ask for it spontaneously. So, I made him some broccoli. He likes it steamed with nothing on it.

He only ate a couple of bites of the rest of his dinner, but inhaled a fair amount of broccoli.

3 comments:

The Terrell Family said...

I would love it if Lucas could even ask for brocolli! Elena just barely started eating baby carrots. Your boys are so adorable!!

Shawny said...

Broccoli is the only veggie Rex will eat. I think it's crazy. It seems like there are other veggies that would taste better to a kid than broccoli. Could it be becuase they look like mini trees?!

Krisanne said...

That's so funny! Jace does the same thing!! Lately he's refused all vegetables...corn, peas, carrots. Everything but broccoli. What's up with that?!?