Saturday, January 3, 2009

Stitches

Without going into too many gory details, Connor got his finger smashed & busted open while we were out running some errands today. It looked really bad & was bleeding quite a bit, so off we rushed - all four of us - to urgent care. 3 hours, an awful lot of screaming, and 5 stitches later, we made it home. He will be fine, and in fact, he was happily jabbering away as we were leaving the hospital. So we made it exactly 2 years and 25 days before we got our first stitches.

A cute sidenote...the whole time while Connor was screaming, Isaac kept rubbing him & saying, "You okay, Connor?". It was so sweet to see how worried he was about his brother.



5 comments:

Anna said...

Oh no! :( My brother was in the emergency room many times before the age of five... I believe he cracked his head open more than once. Just try to keep them from jumping off the deck/bed/swingset and you should be fine!

Hopefully Connor will feel better soon.

happygranny said...

Poor Connor! They have short memories - thank goodness! 8 stitches?! A lot of stitches for such a little finger! Hope he feels better soon.

The Wilsons said...

You know, I need to be better about commenting on your blog, since I keep up with it! I guess I'm a blog stalker. :) Sorry 'bout that.

Anyway, hope Connor continues to feel better and that all heals well. We had our first (and only, so far...knock on wood) ER trip with Evan last Christmastime. And it was SCARY! I hope not to do many more. (Is it too much to ask to not do ANY more?!?) :)

Hope your new year is off to a good start (aside from the ER). And perhaps I'll get better about posting once in awhile! :)

Your family is DARLING!

Sarah said...

I wondered what had happened when I saw Connor's finger today! Poor thing!! What a day for you guys! That is so sweet that Isaac had so much empathy, I have heard studies show that twins have more empathy...something to do with the whole in utero thing:)

Jenn said...

Okay, so we changed his dressing today & I only saw 4-5 stitches. So, I changed the original post from 8 stitches to 5. Ryan held Connor for his stitches & didn't think to ask how many he ended up with. Originally, they said they thought he needed 7-8...