Friday, July 25, 2008

Mean or Compassionate?

Last week, Connor was getting frustrated while he was playing, and Isaac laughed hysterically everytime Connor made a frustrated sound.

Just as I was beginning to think that Isaac enjoyed seeing his brother unhappy, later that same day he showed me a much more compassionate side.

Connor was misbehaving, so I sat him in time-out. Isaac felt bad for him, so he went over & sat next to Connor until he was done with his punishment.

I hate it when they're mean to each other, but I have to keep telling myself that being so close is bound to cause both extremes of emotions. They may fight with everything they have, but they will (hopefully) also love each other with that same intensity.

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

hahaha...that's really cute! If you think that's considered "mean" just you wait! ;) They are going to be wrestling before you know it!

happygranny said...

It's clear who the mischief maker is but it's good to know he has a soft side too. You are in for a ride with those two, but I love your new motto - I just know your heart is full and brimming over!