Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Excuse for Not Cooking

I have not been very good about cooking since the boys were born. We tend to eat a lot of pre-packaged foods unless Ryan decides to cook something yummy (he's a GREAT cook!). My excuse is that our evenings are crazy from the time we get home from work & daycare at 5:00 until the boys go to bed at 7:00. By then, it's too late to start cooking a meal from scratch.

I was introduced to this website (http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/) today & I think my excuse for not cooking has been squashed. I will not cook a crockpot meal every day for a year, but I can certainly aim for one a week. I can prepare everything the night before & just put it in the crockpot to cook while I'm at work! Some of her recipes look very yummy! And I love the fact that she reviews them afterward. Oh, and if anyone has a gluten allergy, her recipes are for you! Everything is gluten free!

3 comments:

Krisanne said...

You didn't post the web address! I'm right there with you on the pre-packaged meals. Life is too crazy!

Jenn said...

If you click the words "this website" it's a hyperlink to the blog. I just edited my post to include the actual url.

aprilaleman said...

I need a good excuse for not cooking... mine is I just hate to so much and I did give Wes proper pre-marriage warnings. :)