Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Child Abandonment

Originally posted 10/22/07

I think we've got separation anxiety on our hands. Last night, Ryan was back in our bedroom on the phone while I was out in the living room with Connor & Isaac. I started to go down the hallway to the bedroom & encouraged both boys to follow me. Connor followed, but Isaac was preoccupied with something & he stayed. A few minutes later, I heard Isaac start fussing & then crying. I went out to the living room & he was frantically crawling around, with a terrified look on his face. By this time he was hysterical. Apparently, he thought he had been abandoned. I will never forget the look on his face - sheer panic. I felt so bad for the little guy. I thought he would figure out to just crawl down the hallway, but I guess not.

0 comments: